Wednesday, May 6, 2009

To my good friend Tim, and new contributor Matt

Thank You Tim for taking the time from your busy day to comment on our blog, and as I always say any comment is a good comment.

First of all one can not be too careful and this strain of flu seems to be everywhere, and some schools in Tampa have been closed according to Larry.

As I said one can't be too careful, like getting cash up front before taking a long run like somewhere like...Sarasota, nuf said eah.

Yeah the Yanks are taking there lumps right now, but like I have been told before, a baseball season is not a sprint but a marathon, so we will have to wait till September.

Matt first I have to thank you for your 2 comments unfortunately I lost one of them.

The cab business can be tough just about all the time for a new driver, and with this down economy this is not the time, there will be days you will have a hard time making your lease, before you make a dime for yourself.

I don't know how bad things are for you right now or how bad Atlanta is for "regular jobs", or how the cab business is there, I would talk to as many cab drivers who work for the company that you are talking to, and see what they have to say.

One more thing to thing to think about, unless you are willing to work between 15 and 18 hours per day and do that for 6 or 7 days its going to be tough.

On your other topic what can a driver do about when someone runs off without paying, in Tampa you have the right to ask anyone who gets in for cash upfront, and I did this on all long runs, after getting burnt once or twice.

As for running after them you better hope they don't have a knife or worse, its just not worth a buck or two, just chalk it up to experience and go get another call.

Matt if you have any questions write me at gentom727@yahoo.com.

No comments: