Sunday, August 10, 2008

All kinds of games going on

Right now we have the start of the baseball stretch run going on, the Olympics has started and preseason football is up and running.

Last night after watching my Yanks going down to defeat again, I did some channel surfing.

I watched some swimming in the Olympics, I also watched some of the Buc's game but mostly I watched the LL World Series marathon that was the Great Lakes Region.

The game was between Jeffersonville IN and Mt Vernon OH, a border war for sure, the game went 11 innings which is like a 14 inning big league game.

After 2 innings and the score tied a 3 a piece it looked like it could be a high scoring game, but only 1 more run was scored by each team making it 4-4 after 6.

I have to tell you I turned of the TV and went to bed after the 10th, and I am glad I did because the final score of 11-4 was not the game I watched.

Just in case you have not kept up with the games or watched any local news in the last 3 days Tampa's own Citrus Park LL has advanced to the LL World Series in Williamsport PA.

Along with everything else I watched last nite I also watched some rugby, yeah its another one of those sports the rest of the world is crazy for and we don't give a rats behind for.

Rugby is different, while ill admit I don't have a clue what's going on most of the time, it is football in its purest form. It is football of the 40's and 50's before it became a world wide enterprise.

Ball carriers don't run out of bounds or fall down to avoid contact and a 4 or 5 players don't run in and out after each play.

I can understand if you hate soccer or cricket, they move so slow you have to keep blinking to see if something is happening, but if you spot rugby on the tube check it out.

No comments: